The Marina will contribute two percent of the Marina Services revenues to support free and low-cost community access to non-motorized water activities, as well as provide a world-class facility on which these programs can thrive. We call this facility our community dock. The community dock will be the largest community access point in New York City, making up nearly 25% of the square footage of dock space in the marina.
We will exceed all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act and adhering to the principle of access with dignity, this dock will be accessible to the public. Slips and space on this dock will be shared amongst community partners.
The Community Dock Will Include:
- A large fleet of cutting-edge sailboats, centrally owned and professionally maintained, of a quality that matches the city we live in.
- A recreational sailing club tailored to New York Harbor and Brooklyn Bridge Park which members of the public can access for a reasonable cost.
- Spaces for kayaks and kayaking instruction, including a protected beginner basin.
- Small boat sailing programs in a protected basin for kids to learn to sail.
- Access for existing community and non-profit boating programs to New York Harbor.
- A top-quality sailing school with world-class instruction and curriculum design.
- Potential for other clubs, such as a fishing or motor boating club, in the future.
Free and low-cost boating experiences will be coordinated by our community partners, and a full program will be developed over time.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Brooklyn Bridge Park Community Dock Corporation
Managed by ONE°15 Brooklyn Marina, LLC
BACKGROUND AND OVERVIEW:
ONE°15 Brooklyn Marina, New York City’s first new marina in 50 years, offers unparalleled water access to New Yorkers and boating enthusiasts from around the globe. Located just south of the Brooklyn Bridge in Brooklyn Heights, between Piers 4 & 5, with sweeping views of Lower Manhattan, the Marina features a Sailing Club and School, seasonal docking facilities and an exceptional community program. The marina’s summer season is from May 1- October 31 of each year weather permitting.
Below are the links to some of our incredible community boating partners: